In all of Madchild‘s previous Booth features, I can’t recall the Vancouver mainstay ever being off his game. So it barely needs to be said that his latest single, the follow-up to January’s The Adventures of Super Beast, finds him Switched On and ready to go H.A.M. on the mic. Ryan Lindow‘s minimal synth boardwork bangs in the back as the Swollen Member comes with his usual absurdist, pop-referential lyrical flames. I don’t have the foggiest idea how to interpret a line like, “Toxic oxygen, boxed in with ostriches,”, but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make it sound dope. Ryan Lindow also directs the cut’s understated, yet effective visual accompaniment. For this joint and many more off-the-wall bangers, cop Super Beast this fall, when it drops via Suburban Noize/Battle Axe.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.