In all of Madchild‘s previous Booth features, I can’t recall the Vancouver mainstay ever being off his game. So it barely needs to be said that his latest single, the follow-up to January’s The Adventures of Super Beast, finds him Switched On and ready to go H.A.M. on the mic. Ryan Lindow‘s minimal synth boardwork bangs in the back as the Swollen Member comes with his usual absurdist, pop-referential lyrical flames. I don’t have the foggiest idea how to interpret a line like, “Toxic oxygen, boxed in with ostriches,”, but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make it sound dope. Ryan Lindow also directs the cut’s understated, yet effective visual accompaniment. For this joint and many more off-the-wall bangers, cop Super Beast this fall, when it drops via Suburban Noize/Battle Axe.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)