In all of Madchild‘s previous Booth features, I can’t recall the Vancouver mainstay ever being off his game. So it barely needs to be said that his latest single, the follow-up to January’s The Adventures of Super Beast, finds him Switched On and ready to go H.A.M. on the mic. Ryan Lindow‘s minimal synth boardwork bangs in the back as the Swollen Member comes with his usual absurdist, pop-referential lyrical flames. I don’t have the foggiest idea how to interpret a line like, “Toxic oxygen, boxed in with ostriches,”, but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t make it sound dope. Ryan Lindow also directs the cut’s understated, yet effective visual accompaniment. For this joint and many more off-the-wall bangers, cop Super Beast this fall, when it drops via Suburban Noize/Battle Axe.
Written by richard on 03/7/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.