Beware, Booth readers: you can Runaway from Manchild, but you can’t hide. That said, I’m not sure why you’d want to do either. Unless you’ve got a life-threatening allergy to dope underground music—in which case, I offer my condolences. Like previous releases off the project, the latest single off Dope Sick sees the Swollen Members rhymesayer mixing lurid battle rhymes with brutally honest reflections on his inner demons. Flowing with palpable intensity over Rob the Viking‘s Chipmunk soul samples and pensive keys, Madchild momentarily harks back to his darkest hour (“I became a serpent, lyin’ perfectly flat / Poppin Percocets till everything went purple and black.”), before fixing his gaze on the road ahead. On the visual tip, Justin Donnelly illustrates the emcee’s personal transformations with the help of of some horror-flick makeup. Digging this hard-hitting, yet introspective cut? There’s plenty more where this came from on Madchild’s latest solo set, available for free preview and digital purchase via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 09/14/12
On the heels of his Little Monster release this past January, Vancouver, British Columbia emcee Madchild has dropped his brand new album Dope Sick, featuring Booth-approved standouts "Monster," "Judgement Day" and "Devil's...
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.