Madchild‘s forthcoming EP bears the title “Switched On,” and the aggressive vibes of previous singles (see: White Knuckles, the title track) suggest that it couldn’t be more appropriately named. But the Vancouer mainstay doesn’t spend the entire project turned up to 11. As the newly-released Junior attests, it will also feature a few more laid-back moments. This track’s vibe is mellow and hazy, thanks to Young Aspect‘s bluesy piano loops and vocal samples, and Madchild tailors his flow to match, but his bars are as knotty and pop-referential as ever: “Sharper than a razor’s edge, lyrics that could raise the dead, crazy like Eraserhead.” A hook sampled from Nas‘s Nas Is Like caps off the cut. The Switched On EP is slated to hit record stores and online retailers September 30. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)