Madchild‘s forthcoming EP bears the title “Switched On,” and the aggressive vibes of previous singles (see: White Knuckles, the title track) suggest that it couldn’t be more appropriately named. But the Vancouer mainstay doesn’t spend the entire project turned up to 11. As the newly-released Junior attests, it will also feature a few more laid-back moments. This track’s vibe is mellow and hazy, thanks to Young Aspect‘s bluesy piano loops and vocal samples, and Madchild tailors his flow to match, but his bars are as knotty and pop-referential as ever: “Sharper than a razor’s edge, lyrics that could raise the dead, crazy like Eraserhead.” A hook sampled from Nas‘s Nas Is Like caps off the cut. The Switched On EP is slated to hit record stores and online retailers September 30. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.