Fresh off earning phenomenal reader reviews for last week’s Underground Kings, Vancouver flame-spitter Madchild returns to our pages with freshly-released follow-up single It Gets Better. Here, the Swollen Members emcee departs from the aggressive, frequently off-the-wall lyrical style showcased on previous cuts to level with listeners about his personal trials and tribulations, and encourage those struggling to keep the faith. Chin Injeti provides an uplifting, string-laced backdrop for the artist’s heartfelt verses, and The End singer Sophia Danai delivers the joint’s soaring chorus. Big Shot Music, Inc. and John Thomas tie the package together with some suitably sunny, off-the-cuff official visuals. Lawn Mower Man is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, at which point it will also be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.