Fresh off earning phenomenal reader reviews for last week’s Underground Kings, Vancouver flame-spitter Madchild returns to our pages with freshly-released follow-up single It Gets Better. Here, the Swollen Members emcee departs from the aggressive, frequently off-the-wall lyrical style showcased on previous cuts to level with listeners about his personal trials and tribulations, and encourage those struggling to keep the faith. Chin Injeti provides an uplifting, string-laced backdrop for the artist’s heartfelt verses, and The End singer Sophia Danai delivers the joint’s soaring chorus. Big Shot Music, Inc. and John Thomas tie the package together with some suitably sunny, off-the-cuff official visuals. Lawn Mower Man is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, at which point it will also be available for free streaming in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
Suburban Noize/Battle Axe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Belt" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.