I can remember only a few time in my life when I couldn’t think of any words to express how I felt: when I got my first car, when I very lovingly named that car, and when that same car broke down, leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. Yes, there are many moments when speech simply isn’t necessary. Just like life, hip-hop occasionally has moments when no words need to be said and the music can simply speak for itself. We’re presented with one of those rare moments with Kiss the Sky, an instrumental Jimi Hendrix tribute that, as the name Mad Violinist and Symphony Crack Orchestra would indicate, is filled with strings. Backed by a soft piano and symphony worth of sounds, The Mad Violinist (making his DJBooth debut today) drops some masterful violin playing that should more than satisfy your instrumental craving. If you thought My Chick Bad had you hooked on strings, then give this song a few listens. Kiss the Sky will appear on The Mad Violinist’s currently untitled album, due out this fall.
Written by Matty K on 05/4/10
Submit your Rating
Symphony Crack/The Building Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.