Judging by the title of Macy Gray‘s latest buzz single, one would expect the record to be some sort of catfighters’ anthem, but the sandpaper-voiced singer is full of surprises; continuing in the hedonistic vein of her last Booth feature, Cocaine Sex Slap a B*tch focuses on blows traded not in aggression but in pursuit of a sadomasochistic thrill. In the song’s opening lines, Gray describes her sexual awakening at the age of eight, and she pulls no punches from there on in, proceeding to recount the various ways in which she’s gotten her kicks in the years since. As an unapologetically explicit tale told from the female perspective, Slap a B*tch is a refreshing change of pace and a welcome reminder that Gray can talk dirty with the best of them. Fans of the singer’s more club-centric material will be pleased by Jared Gosselin and Phillip White electro-tinged production, though those hoping for a neo-soul return to form will undoubtedly be disappointed. Slap a B*tch can be found on Macy Gray’s forthcoming SNAC (The EP) (Vol. 1), which is set to drop in the first quarter of ‘09.
Written by richard on 01/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only in the Dark ft. The Game" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)