As I am sure you are all aware, the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man In The World” has done plenty of otherworldly things, but I doubt he could make a hip-hop record as dope as Macon Hamilton. While the Georgia native is only 17, which means he isn’t of legal age to drink the Mexican beer, he does kick back with a figurative cerveza or two thanks to the smooth production of No Sleep, which is centered around a chill, bluesy guitar riff. As the beat glides, Macon impresses with a laid back flow and some very colorful, grown-mans wordplay with lines like “We go together like Stevie Wonder and T.V’s.” and “Top heads like snapbacks.” just to name a few of many. Is Macon’s effort top-shelf, or is it more Keystone Light than craft beer? Let us know below, and be on the lookout for more from Macon, as he plans to release a song every week in 2013 and has a EP, Jesus Christ Im Nice, set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.