As I am sure you are all aware, the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man In The World” has done plenty of otherworldly things, but I doubt he could make a hip-hop record as dope as Macon Hamilton. While the Georgia native is only 17, which means he isn’t of legal age to drink the Mexican beer, he does kick back with a figurative cerveza or two thanks to the smooth production of No Sleep, which is centered around a chill, bluesy guitar riff. As the beat glides, Macon impresses with a laid back flow and some very colorful, grown-mans wordplay with lines like “We go together like Stevie Wonder and T.V’s.” and “Top heads like snapbacks.” just to name a few of many. Is Macon’s effort top-shelf, or is it more Keystone Light than craft beer? Let us know below, and be on the lookout for more from Macon, as he plans to release a song every week in 2013 and has a EP, Jesus Christ Im Nice, set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.