As I am sure you are all aware, the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man In The World” has done plenty of otherworldly things, but I doubt he could make a hip-hop record as dope as Macon Hamilton. While the Georgia native is only 17, which means he isn’t of legal age to drink the Mexican beer, he does kick back with a figurative cerveza or two thanks to the smooth production of No Sleep, which is centered around a chill, bluesy guitar riff. As the beat glides, Macon impresses with a laid back flow and some very colorful, grown-mans wordplay with lines like “We go together like Stevie Wonder and T.V’s.” and “Top heads like snapbacks.” just to name a few of many. Is Macon’s effort top-shelf, or is it more Keystone Light than craft beer? Let us know below, and be on the lookout for more from Macon, as he plans to release a song every week in 2013 and has a EP, Jesus Christ Im Nice, set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)