As I am sure you are all aware, the Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man In The World” has done plenty of otherworldly things, but I doubt he could make a hip-hop record as dope as Macon Hamilton. While the Georgia native is only 17, which means he isn’t of legal age to drink the Mexican beer, he does kick back with a figurative cerveza or two thanks to the smooth production of No Sleep, which is centered around a chill, bluesy guitar riff. As the beat glides, Macon impresses with a laid back flow and some very colorful, grown-mans wordplay with lines like “We go together like Stevie Wonder and T.V’s.” and “Top heads like snapbacks.” just to name a few of many. Is Macon’s effort top-shelf, or is it more Keystone Light than craft beer? Let us know below, and be on the lookout for more from Macon, as he plans to release a song every week in 2013 and has a EP, Jesus Christ Im Nice, set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.