Sometimes I wonder just how the Seattle bred Irishman Macklemore does what he does. Coming off his most recent release, Same Love, which eloquently addressed the underlying issues associated with homosexuality and same-sex marriage, Macklemore and right hand producer Ryan Lewis have completely flipped the script with a comical video take on second hand clothing. With a full ensemble of “slightly worn” threads at his fingertips, along with intensely unique vocals from Wanz, the self deemed “most prolific thrift shopper in the rap game” stunts on his ability to recycle fashion with a pocketful of pennies. Once again, the fur covered #sharkfacegang commander pilots his DeLorean where no other MC has ventured before, marking the first time a rapper has turned one mans trash into another man’s come-up. Thrift Shop marks the second single off Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ forthcoming debut LP, The Heist, being released independently on October 9 via Macklemore.com.
Written by @Grubeats on 08/29/12
In recent weeks, two of the music industry's biggest white stars have found themselves at the center of race-related controversies. First, Macklemore ran afoul of the Jewish community by performing "Thrift Shop" in a...
The Internet has changed so much about our lives – how we keep in touch with other people, how we shop, how we watch porn – but it’s absolutely re-written the way we discover new music. Back in the day, let’s say...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)