Sometimes I wonder just how the Seattle bred Irishman Macklemore does what he does. Coming off his most recent release, Same Love, which eloquently addressed the underlying issues associated with homosexuality and same-sex marriage, Macklemore and right hand producer Ryan Lewis have completely flipped the script with a comical video take on second hand clothing. With a full ensemble of “slightly worn” threads at his fingertips, along with intensely unique vocals from Wanz, the self deemed “most prolific thrift shopper in the rap game” stunts on his ability to recycle fashion with a pocketful of pennies. Once again, the fur covered #sharkfacegang commander pilots his DeLorean where no other MC has ventured before, marking the first time a rapper has turned one mans trash into another man’s come-up. Thrift Shop marks the second single off Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ forthcoming debut LP, The Heist, being released independently on October 9 via Macklemore.com.
Written by @Grubeats on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.