Sometimes I wonder just how the Seattle bred Irishman Macklemore does what he does. Coming off his most recent release, Same Love, which eloquently addressed the underlying issues associated with homosexuality and same-sex marriage, Macklemore and right hand producer Ryan Lewis have completely flipped the script with a comical video take on second hand clothing. With a full ensemble of “slightly worn” threads at his fingertips, along with intensely unique vocals from Wanz, the self deemed “most prolific thrift shopper in the rap game” stunts on his ability to recycle fashion with a pocketful of pennies. Once again, the fur covered #sharkfacegang commander pilots his DeLorean where no other MC has ventured before, marking the first time a rapper has turned one mans trash into another man’s come-up. Thrift Shop marks the second single off Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ forthcoming debut LP, The Heist, being released independently on October 9 via Macklemore.com.
Written by @Grubeats on 08/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.