Sometimes I wonder just how the Seattle bred Irishman Macklemore does what he does. Coming off his most recent release, Same Love, which eloquently addressed the underlying issues associated with homosexuality and same-sex marriage, Macklemore and right hand producer Ryan Lewis have completely flipped the script with a comical video take on second hand clothing. With a full ensemble of “slightly worn” threads at his fingertips, along with intensely unique vocals from Wanz, the self deemed “most prolific thrift shopper in the rap game” stunts on his ability to recycle fashion with a pocketful of pennies. Once again, the fur covered #sharkfacegang commander pilots his DeLorean where no other MC has ventured before, marking the first time a rapper has turned one mans trash into another man’s come-up. Thrift Shop marks the second single off Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ forthcoming debut LP, The Heist, being released independently on October 9 via Macklemore.com.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.