Missing Shark Week already? While we in The DJBooth aren’t planning on running any sensationalistic documentaries about Great White attacks in the near future, fans of the Selachimorpha monophylum are sure to appreciate the newly-released SharkFaceGang Remix of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Platinum-certified single, Can’t Hold Us. To indulge my taste for terrible puns, this rendition of the cut has a little more bite than the original. Emerald City veteran and Street Level Records founder D-Sane mans the mixing boards, retaining the cinematic feel of Ryan Lewis’ production, but ratcheting up the intensity with a more powerful synth/brass arrangement. Is this remix an improvement over the album version? As always, ya’ll get to lay down the final verdict. The latter can, of course, be found on smash-hit sophomore set The Heist, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.