Missing Shark Week already? While we in The DJBooth aren’t planning on running any sensationalistic documentaries about Great White attacks in the near future, fans of the Selachimorpha monophylum are sure to appreciate the newly-released SharkFaceGang Remix of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Platinum-certified single, Can’t Hold Us. To indulge my taste for terrible puns, this rendition of the cut has a little more bite than the original. Emerald City veteran and Street Level Records founder D-Sane mans the mixing boards, retaining the cinematic feel of Ryan Lewis’ production, but ratcheting up the intensity with a more powerful synth/brass arrangement. Is this remix an improvement over the album version? As always, ya’ll get to lay down the final verdict. The latter can, of course, be found on smash-hit sophomore set The Heist, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.