Missing Shark Week already? While we in The DJBooth aren’t planning on running any sensationalistic documentaries about Great White attacks in the near future, fans of the Selachimorpha monophylum are sure to appreciate the newly-released SharkFaceGang Remix of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ Platinum-certified single, Can’t Hold Us. To indulge my taste for terrible puns, this rendition of the cut has a little more bite than the original. Emerald City veteran and Street Level Records founder D-Sane mans the mixing boards, retaining the cinematic feel of Ryan Lewis’ production, but ratcheting up the intensity with a more powerful synth/brass arrangement. Is this remix an improvement over the album version? As always, ya’ll get to lay down the final verdict. The latter can, of course, be found on smash-hit sophomore set The Heist, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)