Given that Macklemore made a name (and a fortune) for himself by choosing quirky Thrift Shop clothes over designer brands, you’d expect the Seattle representative to make a similarly classic, economical selection when shopping for a whip. Well, one out of two ain’t bad. The latest single off his and Ryan Lewis‘s hit collaborative album finds the rapper rolling down the city streets in an old-school Caddy with White Walls. Though the mileage ain’t nothing to write home about, as he admits over his partner’s brass-led boardwork, the vehicle’s retro stylings simply can’t be beat. Black Hippy member ScHoolboy Q delivers a debauched guest verse on the back, and Emerald City singer Hollis contributes a catchy hook. In keeping with his instrumental’s slight Ennio Morricone vibe, Lewis draws from Spaghetti Western iconography in the official visuals. For White Walls and much more, cop Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’s The Heist LP, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.