Given that Macklemore made a name (and a fortune) for himself by choosing quirky Thrift Shop clothes over designer brands, you’d expect the Seattle representative to make a similarly classic, economical selection when shopping for a whip. Well, one out of two ain’t bad. The latest single off his and Ryan Lewis‘s hit collaborative album finds the rapper rolling down the city streets in an old-school Caddy with White Walls. Though the mileage ain’t nothing to write home about, as he admits over his partner’s brass-led boardwork, the vehicle’s retro stylings simply can’t be beat. Black Hippy member ScHoolboy Q delivers a debauched guest verse on the back, and Emerald City singer Hollis contributes a catchy hook. In keeping with his instrumental’s slight Ennio Morricone vibe, Lewis draws from Spaghetti Western iconography in the official visuals. For White Walls and much more, cop Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’s The Heist LP, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.