Given that Macklemore made a name (and a fortune) for himself by choosing quirky Thrift Shop clothes over designer brands, you’d expect the Seattle representative to make a similarly classic, economical selection when shopping for a whip. Well, one out of two ain’t bad. The latest single off his and Ryan Lewis‘s hit collaborative album finds the rapper rolling down the city streets in an old-school Caddy with White Walls. Though the mileage ain’t nothing to write home about, as he admits over his partner’s brass-led boardwork, the vehicle’s retro stylings simply can’t be beat. Black Hippy member ScHoolboy Q delivers a debauched guest verse on the back, and Emerald City singer Hollis contributes a catchy hook. In keeping with his instrumental’s slight Ennio Morricone vibe, Lewis draws from Spaghetti Western iconography in the official visuals. For White Walls and much more, cop Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’s The Heist LP, available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 09/10/13
The Internet has changed so much about our lives – how we keep in touch with other people, how we shop, how we watch porn – but it’s absolutely re-written the way we discover new music. Back in the day, let’s say...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.