When we first featured Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Can’t Hold Us, back in August of 2011, the Seattle duo were just a minuscule blip on the national radar. Three years later, with a Billboard number one hit under their belts and their global fanbase growing by the minute, the Ray Dalton-assisted cut’s triumphant vibe feels downright prophetic. Perhaps that’s why they’ve decided to turn it into their latest video single. Though Ryan Lewis co-directs the visuals with Jason Koenig and Jon Jon Augustavo, he emphasizes in his accompanying Email that the clip was a team effort, created with the help of writers, producers and numerous other key individuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Can’t Hold Us, smash hit Thrift Shop and many more fresh cuts on The Heist, available in stores and online as of October 2012.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
The Internet has changed so much about our lives – how we keep in touch with other people, how we shop, how we watch porn – but it’s absolutely re-written the way we discover new music. Back in the day, let’s say...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.