When we first featured Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Can’t Hold Us, back in August of 2011, the Seattle duo were just a minuscule blip on the national radar. Three years later, with a Billboard number one hit under their belts and their global fanbase growing by the minute, the Ray Dalton-assisted cut’s triumphant vibe feels downright prophetic. Perhaps that’s why they’ve decided to turn it into their latest video single. Though Ryan Lewis co-directs the visuals with Jason Koenig and Jon Jon Augustavo, he emphasizes in his accompanying Email that the clip was a team effort, created with the help of writers, producers and numerous other key individuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Can’t Hold Us, smash hit Thrift Shop and many more fresh cuts on The Heist, available in stores and online as of October 2012.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!