When we first featured Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Can’t Hold Us, back in August of 2011, the Seattle duo were just a minuscule blip on the national radar. Three years later, with a Billboard number one hit under their belts and their global fanbase growing by the minute, the Ray Dalton-assisted cut’s triumphant vibe feels downright prophetic. Perhaps that’s why they’ve decided to turn it into their latest video single. Though Ryan Lewis co-directs the visuals with Jason Koenig and Jon Jon Augustavo, he emphasizes in his accompanying Email that the clip was a team effort, created with the help of writers, producers and numerous other key individuals. Like what you’re hearing? You can find Can’t Hold Us, smash hit Thrift Shop and many more fresh cuts on The Heist, available in stores and online as of October 2012.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
The Internet has changed so much about our lives – how we keep in touch with other people, how we shop, how we watch porn – but it’s absolutely re-written the way we discover new music. Back in the day, let’s say...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.