Once upon a time St. Patrick’s Day was a day for Irish folks to celebrate the patron saint of Ireland, but over the past few decades it has slowly but surely morphed into a day for frat boys to put on “F**k Me I’m Irish” t-shirts and drink until they puke green beer. Good times. Fortunately Macklemore is here to rightfully reclaim the day with his anthemic Irish Celebration, a cut that both lyrically and sonically pays tribute to the Emerald Isle. Production duties are handled by his frequent beat partner Ryan Lewis, who masterfully manages to approximate bagpipes without using actual bagpipes, creating a foot stomping beat that Macklemore expands into a eminently sing-along-able homage to his ancestor’s fierce pride: “I’m an Irishman, leathered weathered Irish skin, beard orange as the sunset and the flag.” You won’t find any more explicitly green-and-white anthems on Macklemore and Lewis’ The VS. EP, but you will find a host of other quality tracks. I highly recommend you check it out now. Party safely everyone.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/17/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.