Back in April, alt-R&B singer MacKenzie made his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Can We Die, a single which won a staggering 4.7-star average rating from our readership. Improving on that kind of greatness is a tall order but Stro Elliot thinks he just might be up to the task. Whereas the original had an ‘80s-informed throwback feel, the Procussions member’s rendition of the record feels more contemporary, featuring glossy synth chords interweaved with robotic buzzes and whirs. This revamp isn’t attached to a larger set, but fans can find its prototype on MacKenzie’s debut EP, Introverted Rebellion, downloadable now via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 06/13/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can We Die" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.