The first time I watched The Wire, I felt like I could die happy. I’m sure MacKenzie feels the same way with his loved one. Okay, he may feel the joy of completion in his life a bit more than I did with the TV series, but we both understand the irrational power of infatuation. For his debut on DJBooth, the alt-R&B singer premieres his drunk-in-synth single, Can We Die. If you took a rock ballad and replaced the electric guitar with a Moog, you’d get the sounds created by co-producers Tim Stewart and Monte Neuble (worked with Lady Gaga and Kanye West among others) that are presented on this track. Although originally from VA, MacKenzie seems to be situating himself in the laid back vibes of Los Angeles quite nicely. You can expect more from him on May 12, when he releases his Introverted Rebellion EP, exclusively here at The DJBooth. Too bad Can We Die didn’t arrive earlier as it would have been the perfect soundtrack to the blood moon a few days ago.
Written by Bryan H on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweet Communion" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.