The first time I watched The Wire, I felt like I could die happy. I’m sure MacKenzie feels the same way with his loved one. Okay, he may feel the joy of completion in his life a bit more than I did with the TV series, but we both understand the irrational power of infatuation. For his debut on DJBooth, the alt-R&B singer premieres his drunk-in-synth single, Can We Die. If you took a rock ballad and replaced the electric guitar with a Moog, you’d get the sounds created by co-producers Tim Stewart and Monte Neuble (worked with Lady Gaga and Kanye West among others) that are presented on this track. Although originally from VA, MacKenzie seems to be situating himself in the laid back vibes of Los Angeles quite nicely. You can expect more from him on May 12, when he releases his Introverted Rebellion EP, exclusively here at The DJBooth. Too bad Can We Die didn’t arrive earlier as it would have been the perfect soundtrack to the blood moon a few days ago.
Written by Bryan H on 04/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweet Communion" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.