Air conditioning may be a convenient way to cool down, but it also eats up energy like there’s no tomorrow. Fortunately, hip-hop scientists have discovered a much more efficient alternative: simply give Glasses Malone and Mack 10 a call, and tell them to bring a couple bottles of Rozay. As the Inglewood natives explain on new radio single (and their Booth debut as a duo) We Got It Like That, they’re cool enough to withstand even the most sweltering temperatures. Over Fingazz’ summery yet appropriately chilled-out synth instrumental, Mack and Malone describe a day in the life of a professional hustler: expensive liquors, plenty of “bad b*tches” by the pool, the whole works. Topped off with the producer’s head-nodding chorus vocals and a Roger Troutman-style vocoded guest verse, this cut is sure to earn a spot on countless listeners’ warm-weather playlists. For more Money Muzik from these West Coast mainstays, check out their forthcoming collaborative full-length when it hits store shelves on July 13.
Written by richard on 05/12/10
Submit your Rating
Hoo-Bangin/Cash Money/Division Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Everybody Gotta Go" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.