Mack Wilds‘s style (as showcased on his Booth debut, Own It) may be a little grittier than that of your average R&B singer, but don’t get it twisted; his records still go down smoother than a shot of Henny. On the latest single off his forthcoming freshman set, the Sony Music Entertainment signee extends that analogy to the realm of seduction, likening his game-spitting skills to the late Kim Jong-Il’s libation of choice. Salaam Remi reprises his role behnid the mixing boards, linking up with Mobb Deep‘s Havoc to create this record’s head-noddable hip-hop backdrop. Feeling it? The watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, arrival of Mack’s studio debut, New York: A Love Story.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
ReMiFa Music/Louder Than Life/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Own It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.