Mack Wilds‘s style (as showcased on his Booth debut, Own It) may be a little grittier than that of your average R&B singer, but don’t get it twisted; his records still go down smoother than a shot of Henny. On the latest single off his forthcoming freshman set, the Sony Music Entertainment signee extends that analogy to the realm of seduction, likening his game-spitting skills to the late Kim Jong-Il’s libation of choice. Salaam Remi reprises his role behnid the mixing boards, linking up with Mobb Deep‘s Havoc to create this record’s head-noddable hip-hop backdrop. Feeling it? The watch our pages for further singles leading up to the September 17, arrival of Mack’s studio debut, New York: A Love Story.
Written by richard on 08/30/13
Submit your Rating
ReMiFa Music/Louder Than Life/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Own It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.