A record titled “Don’t Turn Me Down” could be about one of two things: a budding romance, or the pleasure of blasting music at high volume. Mack Wilds‘s latest effort fits into the first category. Still, I can’t imagine many of you will be inspired to turn your volume knob counter-clockwise when Salaam Remi and Rico Love‘s smooth instrumental starts pumping through your speakers. Over the aforementioned beatsmiths lush, yet spacious string/synth backdrop (Anyone I.D. that sample for me?), the actor and recording artist expresses the urgency of his longing for a certain woman, pleading with her, “Don’t tell me that you think we’re moving too fast.” An unknown director’s official visuals round out the package. For more, check out Mack’s Louder Than Life/Sony RED debut, New York: A Love Story, available in stores and online as of last fall.
Written by richard on 08/25/14
Submit your Rating
ReMiFa Music/Louder Than Life/Sony Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Own It" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.