After 24 weeks on the charts, Lil’ Wayne’s Carter III has sold a whopping 2.7 million copies domestically. While the label executives at Universal Motown and Wayne’s bank account are the obvious winners here, a few up-and-coming artists have also benefited. Signed to Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment, rapper Mack Maine was able to snatch a guest verse on the remix to Got Money; heading into ’09, he seems poised to be the next artist on the label to drop an album. Before he does, however, Maine will unleash a collaborative project with Don Cannon, entitled This Is Just A Mixtape, which will include the Kane Beatz-produced cut Throw It Back. Though the track isn’t Wayne’s best feature work, it demonstrates the impact that he will continue to make through his ever-expanding roster of artists.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.