After 24 weeks on the charts, Lil’ Wayne’s Carter III has sold a whopping 2.7 million copies domestically. While the label executives at Universal Motown and Wayne’s bank account are the obvious winners here, a few up-and-coming artists have also benefited. Signed to Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment, rapper Mack Maine was able to snatch a guest verse on the remix to Got Money; heading into ’09, he seems poised to be the next artist on the label to drop an album. Before he does, however, Maine will unleash a collaborative project with Don Cannon, entitled This Is Just A Mixtape, which will include the Kane Beatz-produced cut Throw It Back. Though the track isn’t Wayne’s best feature work, it demonstrates the impact that he will continue to make through his ever-expanding roster of artists.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.