After 24 weeks on the charts, Lil’ Wayne’s Carter III has sold a whopping 2.7 million copies domestically. While the label executives at Universal Motown and Wayne’s bank account are the obvious winners here, a few up-and-coming artists have also benefited. Signed to Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment, rapper Mack Maine was able to snatch a guest verse on the remix to Got Money; heading into ’09, he seems poised to be the next artist on the label to drop an album. Before he does, however, Maine will unleash a collaborative project with Don Cannon, entitled This Is Just A Mixtape, which will include the Kane Beatz-produced cut Throw It Back. Though the track isn’t Wayne’s best feature work, it demonstrates the impact that he will continue to make through his ever-expanding roster of artists.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.