After 24 weeks on the charts, Lil’ Wayne’s Carter III has sold a whopping 2.7 million copies domestically. While the label executives at Universal Motown and Wayne’s bank account are the obvious winners here, a few up-and-coming artists have also benefited. Signed to Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment, rapper Mack Maine was able to snatch a guest verse on the remix to Got Money; heading into ’09, he seems poised to be the next artist on the label to drop an album. Before he does, however, Maine will unleash a collaborative project with Don Cannon, entitled This Is Just A Mixtape, which will include the Kane Beatz-produced cut Throw It Back. Though the track isn’t Wayne’s best feature work, it demonstrates the impact that he will continue to make through his ever-expanding roster of artists.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.