After 24 weeks on the charts, Lil’ Wayne’s Carter III has sold a whopping 2.7 million copies domestically. While the label executives at Universal Motown and Wayne’s bank account are the obvious winners here, a few up-and-coming artists have also benefited. Signed to Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment, rapper Mack Maine was able to snatch a guest verse on the remix to Got Money; heading into ’09, he seems poised to be the next artist on the label to drop an album. Before he does, however, Maine will unleash a collaborative project with Don Cannon, entitled This Is Just A Mixtape, which will include the Kane Beatz-produced cut Throw It Back. Though the track isn’t Wayne’s best feature work, it demonstrates the impact that he will continue to make through his ever-expanding roster of artists.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.