When I woke up this morning, I didn’t expect myself to enjoy work, but I did. When I had breakfast, I didn’t expect to enjoy some organic yogurt but, surprisingly I did. And when I saw Talib Kweli and artist/president of Cash Money Records Mack Maine I didn’t know if I would like it but, guess what, I definitely did. This unexpected collaboration is provided to us via Mack Maine’s new release, Celebrate, which also features his right hand man Lil Wayne. Produced by an as-yet identified beatsmith, Celebrate sounds appropriately huge as the record carries a triumphant feel that would surely feel at home on a NFL telecast. Discussing reasons they should, of course, celebrate, each rapper takes a turn at a verse with Weezy handling the responsibility of carrying the chorus. While this record isn’t currently attached to any project, but I’m not going to complain at all. So with the weekend approaching, play this record and celebrate it you made it on Earth another week. Sometimes the best thing in life are unexpected.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.