When I woke up this morning, I didn’t expect myself to enjoy work, but I did. When I had breakfast, I didn’t expect to enjoy some organic yogurt but, surprisingly I did. And when I saw Talib Kweli and artist/president of Cash Money Records Mack Maine I didn’t know if I would like it but, guess what, I definitely did. This unexpected collaboration is provided to us via Mack Maine’s new release, Celebrate, which also features his right hand man Lil Wayne. Produced by an as-yet identified beatsmith, Celebrate sounds appropriately huge as the record carries a triumphant feel that would surely feel at home on a NFL telecast. Discussing reasons they should, of course, celebrate, each rapper takes a turn at a verse with Weezy handling the responsibility of carrying the chorus. While this record isn’t currently attached to any project, but I’m not going to complain at all. So with the weekend approaching, play this record and celebrate it you made it on Earth another week. Sometimes the best thing in life are unexpected.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.