When I woke up this morning, I didn’t expect myself to enjoy work, but I did. When I had breakfast, I didn’t expect to enjoy some organic yogurt but, surprisingly I did. And when I saw Talib Kweli and artist/president of Cash Money Records Mack Maine I didn’t know if I would like it but, guess what, I definitely did. This unexpected collaboration is provided to us via Mack Maine’s new release, Celebrate, which also features his right hand man Lil Wayne. Produced by an as-yet identified beatsmith, Celebrate sounds appropriately huge as the record carries a triumphant feel that would surely feel at home on a NFL telecast. Discussing reasons they should, of course, celebrate, each rapper takes a turn at a verse with Weezy handling the responsibility of carrying the chorus. While this record isn’t currently attached to any project, but I’m not going to complain at all. So with the weekend approaching, play this record and celebrate it you made it on Earth another week. Sometimes the best thing in life are unexpected.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 04/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Showtime ft. Boo & Mack Maine" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.