If you’ve recently tuned in to watch your favorite program and weren’t too distracted during the commercial breaks, you may have noticed today’s feature playing during a Verizon HTC commercial. If that snippet has you anxiously awaiting the full version from Machine Gun Kelly you’ll be able to rejoice, as today’s feature is the Cleveland native’s brand new single Invincible, which is the first official single off his upcoming Bad Boy debut Lace Up. Produced by go-to hit-maker Alex Da Kid, who’s responsible for some of this year’s biggest hits, Invincible doesn’t stray too far from Alex’s usual sound, filled with hard-hitting drums, a few piano rolls and an extremely catchy hook (via the vocal chords of songstress/songwriter Ester Dean). Discussing the struggles he overcame throughout a hard knock life in normal rapid-fire fashion, MGK’s verses chronicle a life lived with self-doubt in his music and battling against less than ideal living conditions growing up. Machine Gun Kelly has done the work in recording Invincible, now it’s up to you to decide if this offering is indeed immune to criticism. MGK’s Lace Up is slated for release sometime in 2012 – expect later rather than sooner.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.