Earlier this month, Machine Gun Kelly traveled 10,000 miles or so from his native Cleveland to embark on his first Australian tour. As much as he enjoyed the trip, the Bad Boy/Interscope signee couldn’t be happier to be back. To celebrate his return, he’s liberated Home Soon, a new single off his latest mixtape. Skewby and Ricky G. man the boards on this triumphant cut, crafting an uplifting, string-sampled beat to back Kelly as he reflects on his journey from rags (“Flashback me 2006: broke as piss, scraping bus fare up.”) to riches. The record comes complete with an official video edited together from footage of the artist’s recent travels. For more, check out MGK’s Black Flag street album, released to the ‘net back in June.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)