Earlier this month, Machine Gun Kelly traveled 10,000 miles or so from his native Cleveland to embark on his first Australian tour. As much as he enjoyed the trip, the Bad Boy/Interscope signee couldn’t be happier to be back. To celebrate his return, he’s liberated Home Soon, a new single off his latest mixtape. Skewby and Ricky G. man the boards on this triumphant cut, crafting an uplifting, string-sampled beat to back Kelly as he reflects on his journey from rags (“Flashback me 2006: broke as piss, scraping bus fare up.”) to riches. The record comes complete with an official video edited together from footage of the artist’s recent travels. For more, check out MGK’s Black Flag street album, released to the ‘net back in June.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.