Ladies and gentleman, we interrupt your regularly-scheduled broadcast for some Breaking News: MGK has just liberated a fresh single off his forthcoming mixtape. The follow-up to May’s reader-acclaimed Peso, this cut kicks off with a complimentary quote from label boss Sean “Diddy” Combs: “This kid, I think he’s a star…” After the hip-hop mogul’s said his piece, Kelly hits the ground running, shellacking the competition and outlining his lofty aspirations over JP Did This’ icy synths and trap percussion. In a politically-incorrect flight of braggadocio that I’m sure will inspire a few angry letters to Bad Boy/Interscope, the rapper manages to compare himself to 2Pac, Auschwitz and Gandhi in a single breath. Black Flag is scheduled for release at a yet-undetermined date this summer. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.