Ladies and gentleman, we interrupt your regularly-scheduled broadcast for some Breaking News: MGK has just liberated a fresh single off his forthcoming mixtape. The follow-up to May’s reader-acclaimed Peso, this cut kicks off with a complimentary quote from label boss Sean “Diddy” Combs: “This kid, I think he’s a star…” After the hip-hop mogul’s said his piece, Kelly hits the ground running, shellacking the competition and outlining his lofty aspirations over JP Did This’ icy synths and trap percussion. In a politically-incorrect flight of braggadocio that I’m sure will inspire a few angry letters to Bad Boy/Interscope, the rapper manages to compare himself to 2Pac, Auschwitz and Gandhi in a single breath. Black Flag is scheduled for release at a yet-undetermined date this summer. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.