Ladies and gentleman, we interrupt your regularly-scheduled broadcast for some Breaking News: MGK has just liberated a fresh single off his forthcoming mixtape. The follow-up to May’s reader-acclaimed Peso, this cut kicks off with a complimentary quote from label boss Sean “Diddy” Combs: “This kid, I think he’s a star…” After the hip-hop mogul’s said his piece, Kelly hits the ground running, shellacking the competition and outlining his lofty aspirations over JP Did This’ icy synths and trap percussion. In a politically-incorrect flight of braggadocio that I’m sure will inspire a few angry letters to Bad Boy/Interscope, the rapper manages to compare himself to 2Pac, Auschwitz and Gandhi in a single breath. Black Flag is scheduled for release at a yet-undetermined date this summer. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.