Ladies and gentleman, we interrupt your regularly-scheduled broadcast for some Breaking News: MGK has just liberated a fresh single off his forthcoming mixtape. The follow-up to May’s reader-acclaimed Peso, this cut kicks off with a complimentary quote from label boss Sean “Diddy” Combs: “This kid, I think he’s a star…” After the hip-hop mogul’s said his piece, Kelly hits the ground running, shellacking the competition and outlining his lofty aspirations over JP Did This’ icy synths and trap percussion. In a politically-incorrect flight of braggadocio that I’m sure will inspire a few angry letters to Bad Boy/Interscope, the rapper manages to compare himself to 2Pac, Auschwitz and Gandhi in a single breath. Black Flag is scheduled for release at a yet-undetermined date this summer. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)