Ladies and gentleman, we interrupt your regularly-scheduled broadcast for some Breaking News: MGK has just liberated a fresh single off his forthcoming mixtape. The follow-up to May’s reader-acclaimed Peso, this cut kicks off with a complimentary quote from label boss Sean “Diddy” Combs: “This kid, I think he’s a star…” After the hip-hop mogul’s said his piece, Kelly hits the ground running, shellacking the competition and outlining his lofty aspirations over JP Did This’ icy synths and trap percussion. In a politically-incorrect flight of braggadocio that I’m sure will inspire a few angry letters to Bad Boy/Interscope, the rapper manages to compare himself to 2Pac, Auschwitz and Gandhi in a single breath. Black Flag is scheduled for release at a yet-undetermined date this summer. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked to our pages for the latest singles.
Written by richard on 06/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.