My initial thoughts upon reading the title of Mac Miller‘s latest effort was: “Oh, he’s come up with a nickname for his d*ck? Nah—that’s just my third-grade sense of humor running away with me.” For once, however, I’m happy to say that the truth is just as juvenile as my own first impression. Released to commemorate the artist’s 900,000 Twitter follower milestone, the record is dedicated to the many women clamering for a piece of the Pittsburgh emcee’s Willie Dynamite (Yes, he named it after a pimp from a ‘70s blaxploitation flick). Big Jerm mans the boards, serving up an unflappably chill, sampled beat to back the freestyle series alum‘s extremely eclectic bars; highlights include apropos-of-nothing shout-outs to Monica Lewinsky and David Hasselhoff, and an impromptu (but spot-on) T-Pain impression. Craving more fresh tunes? Then do your part to bring Miller closer to the next entry in his Road to a Million series (If you haven’t followed him already), and keep it locked for all the latest on Rostrum Records debut album Blue Slide Park, set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 09/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.