My initial thoughts upon reading the title of Mac Miller‘s latest effort was: “Oh, he’s come up with a nickname for his d*ck? Nah—that’s just my third-grade sense of humor running away with me.” For once, however, I’m happy to say that the truth is just as juvenile as my own first impression. Released to commemorate the artist’s 900,000 Twitter follower milestone, the record is dedicated to the many women clamering for a piece of the Pittsburgh emcee’s Willie Dynamite (Yes, he named it after a pimp from a ‘70s blaxploitation flick). Big Jerm mans the boards, serving up an unflappably chill, sampled beat to back the freestyle series alum‘s extremely eclectic bars; highlights include apropos-of-nothing shout-outs to Monica Lewinsky and David Hasselhoff, and an impromptu (but spot-on) T-Pain impression. Craving more fresh tunes? Then do your part to bring Miller closer to the next entry in his Road to a Million series (If you haven’t followed him already), and keep it locked for all the latest on Rostrum Records debut album Blue Slide Park, set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 09/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)