My initial thoughts upon reading the title of Mac Miller‘s latest effort was: “Oh, he’s come up with a nickname for his d*ck? Nah—that’s just my third-grade sense of humor running away with me.” For once, however, I’m happy to say that the truth is just as juvenile as my own first impression. Released to commemorate the artist’s 900,000 Twitter follower milestone, the record is dedicated to the many women clamering for a piece of the Pittsburgh emcee’s Willie Dynamite (Yes, he named it after a pimp from a ‘70s blaxploitation flick). Big Jerm mans the boards, serving up an unflappably chill, sampled beat to back the freestyle series alum‘s extremely eclectic bars; highlights include apropos-of-nothing shout-outs to Monica Lewinsky and David Hasselhoff, and an impromptu (but spot-on) T-Pain impression. Craving more fresh tunes? Then do your part to bring Miller closer to the next entry in his Road to a Million series (If you haven’t followed him already), and keep it locked for all the latest on Rostrum Records debut album Blue Slide Park, set to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 09/22/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.