“Me, I’m still trapped inside my head, it kinda feel like it’s a purgatory…” From the very first rapped bars of The Star Room, it was clear that Mac Miller‘s sophomore set was going to be a very different beast than 2011’s carefree Blue Slide Park. A dark, introspective jam featuring woozy reversed-sample production by randomblackdude (aka Earl Sweatshirt), the album opener has received an appropriately trippy visual accompaniment courtesy of Mac’s go-to director, Rex Arrow. As Miller mixes metaphysical speculation with offbeat braggadocio, funhouse mirror distortion and dizzying camera angles communicate his altered mental state. Delusional Thomas, the artist’s latest alter ego, makes a guest appearance. Released back in June via Rostrum Records, the Booth-acclaimed Watching Movies With the Sound Off LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
When you attend a concert, you can always get a good idea of the performing artist by looking at their fan base. When you see Polos, skinny jeans, and a crowd ready to party, you are probably in for a high-energy hip-pop/frat...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.