“Me, I’m still trapped inside my head, it kinda feel like it’s a purgatory…” From the very first rapped bars of The Star Room, it was clear that Mac Miller‘s sophomore set was going to be a very different beast than 2011’s carefree Blue Slide Park. A dark, introspective jam featuring woozy reversed-sample production by randomblackdude (aka Earl Sweatshirt), the album opener has received an appropriately trippy visual accompaniment courtesy of Mac’s go-to director, Rex Arrow. As Miller mixes metaphysical speculation with offbeat braggadocio, funhouse mirror distortion and dizzying camera angles communicate his altered mental state. Delusional Thomas, the artist’s latest alter ego, makes a guest appearance. Released back in June via Rostrum Records, the Booth-acclaimed Watching Movies With the Sound Off LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 10/3/13
When you attend a concert, you can always get a good idea of the performing artist by looking at their fan base. When you see Polos, skinny jeans, and a crowd ready to party, you are probably in for a high-energy hip-pop/frat...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)