You really shouldn’t be that surprised. Lil Wayne has a long (long, long, long) history of throwing down guest verses on anyone and everyone’s tracks, and with a #1 album under his belt, Mac Miller’s certainly a far cry from your average rapper. So in the spirit of surprising, but not that surprising when you think about it, collabs, I present to you Weezy and Maceezy’s new joint, The Question. Wally West & ID Labs provide the production for the two emcees to go to work on, laying down a supremely mellow, almost jazzy beat perfect for some soul-searching. On the rhyme tip, Mr. Miller leads off the festivities, doing some serious lyrical soul-searching (and signing) that reveals the hidden cost of a life spent chasing hip-hop success. Lil Wayne, on the other hand, has no such doubts about the path he’s chosen, reflecting instead on the joys of expensive cars, drugs, groupies and groupies who will hid your drugs when you’re pulled over in your expensive car. For more free dopeness from the Pittsburgh Kid, including some more surprising collabs (Cam’ron anyone?), download a copy of Miller’s Macadelic mixtape, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/25/12
Mac Miller has gone from being the white kid from Pittsburgh with a catchy mixtape to having a Billboard #1 independent album and being the most marketable, up-and-coming rapper in the game. He has been approved by an array...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.