With his debut album, Mac Miller has made it his mission to immerse listeners in the sights, sounds and even tastes of his home streets—from the greenery of title locale Blue Slide Park, to the transcendentally tasty sandwiches offered at the Frick Park Market. On the latest single off the set, Miller once again acts as our tour guide, inviting us to come and kick it at a Party on Fifth Ave. I.D. Labs looks to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping the same woodwind loop that backed DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (from Marva Whitney’s Unwind Yourself, by way of DJ Mark the 45 King’s oft-flipped instrumental The 900 Number) into an upbeat, synth-accented instrumental as the Pittsburgh wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) paints a lyrical portrait of a raucous shindig, Steel City style. Looking fresh and fly in ”light up shoes,” Miller indulges in quality kush and free-flowing liquor, spits game to a pair of sexy twins, and generally makes the most of the night’s possibilities. Blue Slide Park (the album) is set to drop Nov. 8. In the meantime, you can click here to peep this record’s (hilarious) official video courtesy of DJBoothTV.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.