With his debut album, Mac Miller has made it his mission to immerse listeners in the sights, sounds and even tastes of his home streets—from the greenery of title locale Blue Slide Park, to the transcendentally tasty sandwiches offered at the Frick Park Market. On the latest single off the set, Miller once again acts as our tour guide, inviting us to come and kick it at a Party on Fifth Ave. I.D. Labs looks to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping the same woodwind loop that backed DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (from Marva Whitney’s Unwind Yourself, by way of DJ Mark the 45 King’s oft-flipped instrumental The 900 Number) into an upbeat, synth-accented instrumental as the Pittsburgh wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) paints a lyrical portrait of a raucous shindig, Steel City style. Looking fresh and fly in ”light up shoes,” Miller indulges in quality kush and free-flowing liquor, spits game to a pair of sexy twins, and generally makes the most of the night’s possibilities. Blue Slide Park (the album) is set to drop Nov. 8. In the meantime, you can click here to peep this record’s (hilarious) official video courtesy of DJBoothTV.
Written by richard on 10/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.