With his debut album, Mac Miller has made it his mission to immerse listeners in the sights, sounds and even tastes of his home streets—from the greenery of title locale Blue Slide Park, to the transcendentally tasty sandwiches offered at the Frick Park Market. On the latest single off the set, Miller once again acts as our tour guide, inviting us to come and kick it at a Party on Fifth Ave. I.D. Labs looks to a classic for inspiration on the production tip, flipping the same woodwind loop that backed DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (from Marva Whitney’s Unwind Yourself, by way of DJ Mark the 45 King’s oft-flipped instrumental The 900 Number) into an upbeat, synth-accented instrumental as the Pittsburgh wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) paints a lyrical portrait of a raucous shindig, Steel City style. Looking fresh and fly in ”light up shoes,” Miller indulges in quality kush and free-flowing liquor, spits game to a pair of sexy twins, and generally makes the most of the night’s possibilities. Blue Slide Park (the album) is set to drop Nov. 8. In the meantime, you can click here to peep this record’s (hilarious) official video courtesy of DJBoothTV.
Written by richard on 10/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.