The past 12 months have been one wild ride for Mac Miller. One year and a day after the release of Blue Slide Park, the debut set that made the Pittsburgh rhymesayer into a rap superstar and showed the rest of the industry just how “major” indie could be, Miller has elected to commemorate the occasion with the release of one final video single off the set. Ian Wolfson begins the official visuals for closing track One Last Thing with a one minute, thirty second look back at all of the videos the Mac’s put out over the past 365 days, before launching into the main course, an eerie, avant-garde affair featuring the artist rapping in a bathtub, surrounded by writhing actresses. Now that he’s closed the book on his freshman full-length, what’s next? In addition to preparing his sophomore studio album, Watching Movies With the Sound Off, for release in the first quarter of 2013, Mac Miller is getting ready to drop Pink Slime, an EP-length collaboration with Pharrell Williams.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.