The past 12 months have been one wild ride for Mac Miller. One year and a day after the release of Blue Slide Park, the debut set that made the Pittsburgh rhymesayer into a rap superstar and showed the rest of the industry just how “major” indie could be, Miller has elected to commemorate the occasion with the release of one final video single off the set. Ian Wolfson begins the official visuals for closing track One Last Thing with a one minute, thirty second look back at all of the videos the Mac’s put out over the past 365 days, before launching into the main course, an eerie, avant-garde affair featuring the artist rapping in a bathtub, surrounded by writhing actresses. Now that he’s closed the book on his freshman full-length, what’s next? In addition to preparing his sophomore studio album, Watching Movies With the Sound Off, for release in the first quarter of 2013, Mac Miller is getting ready to drop Pink Slime, an EP-length collaboration with Pharrell Williams.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
At first I was suspicious of Mac Miller for two reasons. One, I’m, white. Two, I was born the same year MJ released Thriller. Those two factors mean that I, along with most of my generation, suffer from Post Traumatic...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)