Not so long ago it would have seemed impossible to hear a white kid from Pittsburgh making a project with hit maker extraordinaire Pharrell, but in 2012 the duo makes a strange sort of sense. Dropping off the first release from their upcoming collaborative EP Pink Slime, Mac Miller and Skateboard P are proud to present new single Onaroll. As always, Pharrell’s beat is as electronically heavy and percussively dense as ever, giving the instrumental a simultaneously winding and banging feel. For his part the always personable Mac lays down some of his most stuntin’ lyrics to date, not hesitating for a moment to lay down lines like: “100 miles an hour / ride around the city / smoking on that sour, gotta a couple bad ones with me.” So how about it DJBooth Nation? Do Mac and P’s seemingly different styles go together like peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and mayonnaise? Those answering on the PB&J side of that question will undoubtedly want to grab a copy of the Pink Slime EP when it (presumably) drops later this summer.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.