Attention, Booth readers. Before you hit “play,” make sure your computer’s volume setting is at max. And, if you have a separate knob on your speakers, you’d best turn it as far counter-clockwise as it goes, just to be safe. Done? Good—now you’re prepared to experience Mac Miller‘s latest feature in all its glory. (Please direct all complaints regarding busted audio equipment and hearing loss to Rostrum Records.) The latest release off the indie sensation and 2011 Best of the Booth winner‘s forthcoming street album, Loud is a larger-than-life, braggadocio-drenched celebration of Miller’s flyness. Big Jerm and Sayez join forces behind the boards, serving up an appropriately bombastic synth backdrop (complete with an intro either sampled or interpolated from The Beatles’ Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, presumably in keeping with the project’s psychedelic theme) as Miller makes clear that the success he’s enjoyed to date is only the beginning: “I just made a million dollars still I think I’m underpaid.” If your speakers (and eardrums) survived this high-volume selection, more earth-shaking bangers await on Macadelic. Keep it locked for release details on the as yet-unscheduled tape.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.