The hip-hop journey for many sometimes ends up at the intersection of 15 Minutes & Limelight. Sometimes artists end up at rehab. Success, however, is ultimately the destination at which everyone tries to arrive. For Mac Miller, well, he’s on the Road to a Million. A million, you ask? Yes, a million followers on Twitter. Since he popped up on our radar last summer, Miller has steadily developed a loyal fan base, who is treated to a new song as he hits milestones along the Road. Mac dropped Love Lost less than two months ago when he reached 400k followers and this past Friday he releases Just A Kid in celebration of 600k. Produced by E. Dan, Just A Kid is a mellow and stringy record with head-nodding drums over which Mac discusses feeling like an adult from the success he has attained, despite still being a teenager. As his followers continue to grow (and he gears up for his official debut album, Blue Side Park), it is clear that the Pittsburgh native will continue to leak new music to keep the ears of his fans satisfied.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)