The hip-hop journey for many sometimes ends up at the intersection of 15 Minutes & Limelight. Sometimes artists end up at rehab. Success, however, is ultimately the destination at which everyone tries to arrive. For Mac Miller, well, he’s on the Road to a Million. A million, you ask? Yes, a million followers on Twitter. Since he popped up on our radar last summer, Miller has steadily developed a loyal fan base, who is treated to a new song as he hits milestones along the Road. Mac dropped Love Lost less than two months ago when he reached 400k followers and this past Friday he releases Just A Kid in celebration of 600k. Produced by E. Dan, Just A Kid is a mellow and stringy record with head-nodding drums over which Mac discusses feeling like an adult from the success he has attained, despite still being a teenager. As his followers continue to grow (and he gears up for his official debut album, Blue Side Park), it is clear that the Pittsburgh native will continue to leak new music to keep the ears of his fans satisfied.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.