The hip-hop journey for many sometimes ends up at the intersection of 15 Minutes & Limelight. Sometimes artists end up at rehab. Success, however, is ultimately the destination at which everyone tries to arrive. For Mac Miller, well, he’s on the Road to a Million. A million, you ask? Yes, a million followers on Twitter. Since he popped up on our radar last summer, Miller has steadily developed a loyal fan base, who is treated to a new song as he hits milestones along the Road. Mac dropped Love Lost less than two months ago when he reached 400k followers and this past Friday he releases Just A Kid in celebration of 600k. Produced by E. Dan, Just A Kid is a mellow and stringy record with head-nodding drums over which Mac discusses feeling like an adult from the success he has attained, despite still being a teenager. As his followers continue to grow (and he gears up for his official debut album, Blue Side Park), it is clear that the Pittsburgh native will continue to leak new music to keep the ears of his fans satisfied.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 07/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)