Wherever you happen to live, I’m guessing that there’s at least one place where you can pick up a freshly-assembled sandwich of supra-Subway/Quizno’s/Jimmy John’s quality. The eating establishment that Mac Miller celebrates on his latest effort, however, is to your average local joint as Paris, France is to the Paris Casino in Las Vegas—as Yelp.com user Susan D. puts it, “Frick Park Market is much more than a deli.” On single numero uno off his debut studio album, the Steel City wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) takes listeners on a guided tour of his favorite haunt. Spitting over the hard-hitting, synth-drenched production of E. Dan, Miller expresses his intent to “feed the world,” thoughtfully encouraging listeners to “put it on [his] tab.” Those who reject his magnanimity? Well, they get to starve: “Don’t need to testify, for the best is I, and anybody in my way gon’ be left to die.” Now that you’ve gotten the first taste of the buzzmaker’s freshman set, are you craving a second helping? Then keep your browsers locked on DJBooth.net—Blue Slide Park has yet to receive a solid drop date from the Rostrum Records brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes…
Written by richard on 08/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.