Wherever you happen to live, I’m guessing that there’s at least one place where you can pick up a freshly-assembled sandwich of supra-Subway/Quizno’s/Jimmy John’s quality. The eating establishment that Mac Miller celebrates on his latest effort, however, is to your average local joint as Paris, France is to the Paris Casino in Las Vegas—as Yelp.com user Susan D. puts it, “Frick Park Market is much more than a deli.” On single numero uno off his debut studio album, the Steel City wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) takes listeners on a guided tour of his favorite haunt. Spitting over the hard-hitting, synth-drenched production of E. Dan, Miller expresses his intent to “feed the world,” thoughtfully encouraging listeners to “put it on [his] tab.” Those who reject his magnanimity? Well, they get to starve: “Don’t need to testify, for the best is I, and anybody in my way gon’ be left to die.” Now that you’ve gotten the first taste of the buzzmaker’s freshman set, are you craving a second helping? Then keep your browsers locked on DJBooth.net—Blue Slide Park has yet to receive a solid drop date from the Rostrum Records brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes…
Written by richard on 08/21/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.