Wherever you happen to live, I’m guessing that there’s at least one place where you can pick up a freshly-assembled sandwich of supra-Subway/Quizno’s/Jimmy John’s quality. The eating establishment that Mac Miller celebrates on his latest effort, however, is to your average local joint as Paris, France is to the Paris Casino in Las Vegas—as Yelp.com user Susan D. puts it, “Frick Park Market is much more than a deli.” On single numero uno off his debut studio album, the Steel City wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) takes listeners on a guided tour of his favorite haunt. Spitting over the hard-hitting, synth-drenched production of E. Dan, Miller expresses his intent to “feed the world,” thoughtfully encouraging listeners to “put it on [his] tab.” Those who reject his magnanimity? Well, they get to starve: “Don’t need to testify, for the best is I, and anybody in my way gon’ be left to die.” Now that you’ve gotten the first taste of the buzzmaker’s freshman set, are you craving a second helping? Then keep your browsers locked on DJBooth.net—Blue Slide Park has yet to receive a solid drop date from the Rostrum Records brass, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest news and tunes…
Written by richard on 08/21/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.