While Snoop may have him beat as far as sheer quantity of bud smoked, I think Mac Miller may be the most stoned man in hip-hop. If you doubt that statement, just take a listen to the opening lines of new promo single Erica’s Room: “Around a fire doing a thunder dance / You know what’s a funny word? Underpants / Lets go to Syria and have a war / Stop f**kin’ callin’ me Macklemore.” Yep, and it only gets weirder from there. Larry Fisherman (aka Miller himself) and ID Labs join forces behind the boards, cooking up a droning keyboard backdrop for Mac’s avalanche of lyrical non sequiturs. Treejay ties it all together with a surprisingly smooth guest hook. This bugged-out selection isn’t part of a larger set but, if it’s any indication of where his head is at, we can look forward to some seriously eccentric music from the Pittsburgh repper in 2014. Fans hungry for more are encouraged to check out Miller’s Live From Space LP, a compilation of live and unreleased jams which hit iTunes on December 17.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.