While Snoop may have him beat as far as sheer quantity of bud smoked, I think Mac Miller may be the most stoned man in hip-hop. If you doubt that statement, just take a listen to the opening lines of new promo single Erica’s Room: “Around a fire doing a thunder dance / You know what’s a funny word? Underpants / Lets go to Syria and have a war / Stop f**kin’ callin’ me Macklemore.” Yep, and it only gets weirder from there. Larry Fisherman (aka Miller himself) and ID Labs join forces behind the boards, cooking up a droning keyboard backdrop for Mac’s avalanche of lyrical non sequiturs. Treejay ties it all together with a surprisingly smooth guest hook. This bugged-out selection isn’t part of a larger set but, if it’s any indication of where his head is at, we can look forward to some seriously eccentric music from the Pittsburgh repper in 2014. Fans hungry for more are encouraged to check out Miller’s Live From Space LP, a compilation of live and unreleased jams which hit iTunes on December 17.
Written by richard on 01/5/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.