Mac Miller‘s last feature, self-produced loosie Diablo, found the Pittsburgh representative struggling with dark thoughts on the topic of mortality. With the latest single off his sophomore full-length, the former Rostrum emcee returns to a more peaceful, spiritually-centered perspective, even enlisting a Buddhist monk to lip-sync his lyrics in the Rex Arrow-directed visuals. Inspired by a documentary titled Birds of the Gods (whose Avian imagery is also incorporated into the video), the record showcases Miller’s philosophical side, as well as his knack for blunted punchline lyricism. His sage, yet scatterbrained bars come backed by the wavy string/keyboard loops of alter-ego Larry Fisherman. For this joint, previous single Youforia and much more, check out Miller’s Watching Movies With the Sound Off LP, out now via Rostrum Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.