Released under the Pittsburgh indie phenom’s “Larry Fisherman” alias, Mac Miller‘s last feature, Doodling in the Key of C Sharp, earned him props for his willingness to think outside the box, but was a little too willfully eccentric to win Booth readers’ seal of approval. On follow-up promotional single All the Time (premiered Thursday by our friends at AshleyOutrageous.com), the Steel City indie phenom dials back the weirdness (and lays off the Jameson) to deliver something a little closer to the status quo, but still clearly marked with his stylistic signature. Here, Ex-Cool Kid Chuck Inglish serves up a synth instrumental dripping with laid-back swag as Miller brings us up to speed on his paper chase in slurred, pop-referential verses. Black Hippy buzzmaker Ab-Soul provides guest bars. Watch the Booth for the latest on Miller’s sophomore full-length Watching Movies with the Sound Off and his forthcoming Pink Slime EP with Pharrell Williams, both scheduled for release in 2013.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Mind if I Do" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.