If you’re a relatively unknown artist, getting a major artist on your track can be the surest way to attract new listeners. Case in point: Mac Lethal’s new track Woodchip Grinder, a smoothly produced, lyrically deadly track featuring verses from Aesop Rock (my dark horse nominee for best rapper alive) and Soulcrate Music. I may have first listened to the track for Aesop, but I stayed for Lethal, as the Missouri-based rapper/entrepreneur delivers a flow that’s by turns hilarious and disturbing but always on point. If you’ve never heard Mac Lethal before, I can’t think of a better track for him to make his DJBooth premiere with than this. Now who else wants to ride in the woodchip grinder? By the way, how was the name Mac Lethal not taken before? I would have thought a name like that would have been snatched up years ago. Anyway, if you’re in the mood for more lyrically intense creativity, be sure to check out Lethal’s latest project Love Potion 5 (Deluxe Edition), available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
16 Chapel Records/Blackclover
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.