If you’re a relatively unknown artist, getting a major artist on your track can be the surest way to attract new listeners. Case in point: Mac Lethal’s new track Woodchip Grinder, a smoothly produced, lyrically deadly track featuring verses from Aesop Rock (my dark horse nominee for best rapper alive) and Soulcrate Music. I may have first listened to the track for Aesop, but I stayed for Lethal, as the Missouri-based rapper/entrepreneur delivers a flow that’s by turns hilarious and disturbing but always on point. If you’ve never heard Mac Lethal before, I can’t think of a better track for him to make his DJBooth premiere with than this. Now who else wants to ride in the woodchip grinder? By the way, how was the name Mac Lethal not taken before? I would have thought a name like that would have been snatched up years ago. Anyway, if you’re in the mood for more lyrically intense creativity, be sure to check out Lethal’s latest project Love Potion 5 (Deluxe Edition), available now.
16 Chapel Records/Blackclover
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.