If you’re a relatively unknown artist, getting a major artist on your track can be the surest way to attract new listeners. Case in point: Mac Lethal’s new track Woodchip Grinder, a smoothly produced, lyrically deadly track featuring verses from Aesop Rock (my dark horse nominee for best rapper alive) and Soulcrate Music. I may have first listened to the track for Aesop, but I stayed for Lethal, as the Missouri-based rapper/entrepreneur delivers a flow that’s by turns hilarious and disturbing but always on point. If you’ve never heard Mac Lethal before, I can’t think of a better track for him to make his DJBooth premiere with than this. Now who else wants to ride in the woodchip grinder? By the way, how was the name Mac Lethal not taken before? I would have thought a name like that would have been snatched up years ago. Anyway, if you’re in the mood for more lyrically intense creativity, be sure to check out Lethal’s latest project Love Potion 5 (Deluxe Edition), available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
Black Clover Beer Club LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleepless & Senseless" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.