If you’re a relatively unknown artist, getting a major artist on your track can be the surest way to attract new listeners. Case in point: Mac Lethal’s new track Woodchip Grinder, a smoothly produced, lyrically deadly track featuring verses from Aesop Rock (my dark horse nominee for best rapper alive) and Soulcrate Music. I may have first listened to the track for Aesop, but I stayed for Lethal, as the Missouri-based rapper/entrepreneur delivers a flow that’s by turns hilarious and disturbing but always on point. If you’ve never heard Mac Lethal before, I can’t think of a better track for him to make his DJBooth premiere with than this. Now who else wants to ride in the woodchip grinder? By the way, how was the name Mac Lethal not taken before? I would have thought a name like that would have been snatched up years ago. Anyway, if you’re in the mood for more lyrically intense creativity, be sure to check out Lethal’s latest project Love Potion 5 (Deluxe Edition), available now.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/4/09
Submit your Rating
Black Clover Beer Club LLC.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sleepless & Senseless" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.