Update: Click “Listen Now” above to watch M3 and Zumo Kollie’s “The Get Away” video.
When it comes to pulling off a heist, getting to the loot is only half the battle; you’ve still got to give the authorities the slip and book it back to your safe-house. (Not that I’d know, Mom.) On their new promo single, making its world premiere on our front page, M3 and Zumo Kollie prove themselves masters of The Get Away, coming together with an enterprising colleague to snatch their shine from under the competition’s collective nose. Khris Fame sets the mood for a musical caper, flipping a lightly funky loop complete with Chipmunked hook (am I just hungry, or is that voice singing, “La la long enchilada, quiche”?) as the Providence rhymesayers go toe-to-toe with Brooklyn underground mainstay Skyzoo, whose latest single, #Anxious, just premiered in the Booth. Together, the emcees weave a web of witty wordplay and imagery that will leave few heads unimpressed. If you’re digging it, keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the release of the headliners’ forthcoming, as yet untitled, collaborative mixtape. Additionally, stay tuned for details on Skyzoo’s next street album, the follow-up to 2011’s Booth-sponsored The Great Debater.
Written by richard on 02/15/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.