English Majors who cringe when reading “your” instead of “you’re” might want to ignore the title of the new M3 cut, I Be. While grammatically incorrect, the song itself could not be more right. After linking on 2011 single Can’t Breath, The Kid Daytona once again joins the Providence, Rhode Island native, this time atop a smooth Cadillac DZ production. As the beat oozes a cruising vibe, the emcees showcase a smooth yet gritty approach with their grimy, street driven bars. A touch of ruggedness yes, but overall M3 and Daytona are able to match the track’s swanging beat perfectly. Fans of I Be might want to grab a swimsuit as M3’s debut mixtape, Oceans 3, is set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.