English Majors who cringe when reading “your” instead of “you’re” might want to ignore the title of the new M3 cut, I Be. While grammatically incorrect, the song itself could not be more right. After linking on 2011 single Can’t Breath, The Kid Daytona once again joins the Providence, Rhode Island native, this time atop a smooth Cadillac DZ production. As the beat oozes a cruising vibe, the emcees showcase a smooth yet gritty approach with their grimy, street driven bars. A touch of ruggedness yes, but overall M3 and Daytona are able to match the track’s swanging beat perfectly. Fans of I Be might want to grab a swimsuit as M3’s debut mixtape, Oceans 3, is set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.