English Majors who cringe when reading “your” instead of “you’re” might want to ignore the title of the new M3 cut, I Be. While grammatically incorrect, the song itself could not be more right. After linking on 2011 single Can’t Breath, The Kid Daytona once again joins the Providence, Rhode Island native, this time atop a smooth Cadillac DZ production. As the beat oozes a cruising vibe, the emcees showcase a smooth yet gritty approach with their grimy, street driven bars. A touch of ruggedness yes, but overall M3 and Daytona are able to match the track’s swanging beat perfectly. Fans of I Be might want to grab a swimsuit as M3’s debut mixtape, Oceans 3, is set to drop later this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.