When you’re on your hustle 24/7/365, it’s easy to get a little winded—and that goes double when you’re doing it while surrounded by a haze of kush smoke. M3‘s latest promo single, Can’t Breathe takes a moment to let the clouds disperse as he reflects upon where his “high-speed life” may be leading him. Booth-approved beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards; over his sliced-n-diced string samples, the Providence, R.I. representative showcases his relaxed mic style, mixing introspection with engaging wordplay: I got fans goin’ ham in the stands / Still might stay independent ‘cause I ain’t one for the scams / They act as if you’re sacrificial, no lamb / Peanut butter revolver – no jam.” An old hand at smooth, spacey jams like this one, Bronx representer The Kid Daytona brings some of his trademark blunted lyrical poetry (Opening couplet of the day: “Spotlight on a star luminescent / Reflectin’ all the hues in the spectrum…”) to the record’s back end. Has this dope debut whet your appetite for more from M3? Stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, with the breathless pace at which he seems to be moving, new music can’t be far away.
Written by richard on 11/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.