When you’re on your hustle 24/7/365, it’s easy to get a little winded—and that goes double when you’re doing it while surrounded by a haze of kush smoke. M3‘s latest promo single, Can’t Breathe takes a moment to let the clouds disperse as he reflects upon where his “high-speed life” may be leading him. Booth-approved beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards; over his sliced-n-diced string samples, the Providence, R.I. representative showcases his relaxed mic style, mixing introspection with engaging wordplay: I got fans goin’ ham in the stands / Still might stay independent ‘cause I ain’t one for the scams / They act as if you’re sacrificial, no lamb / Peanut butter revolver – no jam.” An old hand at smooth, spacey jams like this one, Bronx representer The Kid Daytona brings some of his trademark blunted lyrical poetry (Opening couplet of the day: “Spotlight on a star luminescent / Reflectin’ all the hues in the spectrum…”) to the record’s back end. Has this dope debut whet your appetite for more from M3? Stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, with the breathless pace at which he seems to be moving, new music can’t be far away.
Written by richard on 11/7/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.