When you’re on your hustle 24/7/365, it’s easy to get a little winded—and that goes double when you’re doing it while surrounded by a haze of kush smoke. M3‘s latest promo single, Can’t Breathe takes a moment to let the clouds disperse as he reflects upon where his “high-speed life” may be leading him. Booth-approved beatsmith Khrysis mans the boards; over his sliced-n-diced string samples, the Providence, R.I. representative showcases his relaxed mic style, mixing introspection with engaging wordplay: I got fans goin’ ham in the stands / Still might stay independent ‘cause I ain’t one for the scams / They act as if you’re sacrificial, no lamb / Peanut butter revolver – no jam.” An old hand at smooth, spacey jams like this one, Bronx representer The Kid Daytona brings some of his trademark blunted lyrical poetry (Opening couplet of the day: “Spotlight on a star luminescent / Reflectin’ all the hues in the spectrum…”) to the record’s back end. Has this dope debut whet your appetite for more from M3? Stay tuned—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project but, with the breathless pace at which he seems to be moving, new music can’t be far away.
Written by richard on 11/7/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.