Though M.O.P.‘s future couldn’t have looked brighter following the 2000 release of their senior album, Warriors, Lil’ Fame and Billy Danze fell victim to label politics after Loud Records shut down in ‘02, cycling through deals with Roc-a-Fella, Dame Dash Music Group, and G-Unit but never managing to get an official album onto store shelves. Having recently settled in at E1 Music (which had released a few comp albums of theirs in its Koch era), the Brownsville, Brooklyn natives are finally ready to make noise again, laying a new Foundation with their first album in over nine years. On this newly-leaked track, Fizzy Womack and William Berkowitz team up with Booth favorite Termanology and heavyweight producer Statik Selektah to offer their thoughts on why the people around them all seem to be Crazy. Though Fame and Danze’s days as industry heavyweights are likely over forever, this cut is proof that they’ll always satisfy their hardcore fanbase, and it’s a good bet that audience will come out in droves to grab their copies of Foundation when the album drops September 15th.
Written by Burmy on 09/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.