As a veteran duo who helped lay the Foundation for hardcore hip-hop to come, M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame and Billy Danze can be considered two of the game’s foremost authorities on the Street Life. On the lead single off their forthcoming full-length, the iconic twosome team up with DeMarco, the R&B/dancehall artist who recently brought us Listen , to deliver a gritty, slightly wistful lecture on the harsh realities of inner-city survival. Fizzy Womack (aka Lil Fame)‘s midtempo, piano-driven boardwork sets a reflective mood as Fame and Danze spit their heartfelt bars, never quite abandoning the aggressive delivery fans have come to know and love. DeMarco’s hook is bound to bring a few Auto-Tune haters out of the woodwork, but the rest will undoubtedly appreciate Street Life‘s combo of radio-ready catchiness and sincere, real lyricism. Those digging this track can find more street-certified beats and hard-hitting rhymes on the duo’s ninth studio album, which has yet to receive a release date from the E1 brass.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.