As a veteran duo who helped lay the Foundation for hardcore hip-hop to come, M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame and Billy Danze can be considered two of the game’s foremost authorities on the Street Life. On the lead single off their forthcoming full-length, the iconic twosome team up with DeMarco, the R&B/dancehall artist who recently brought us Listen , to deliver a gritty, slightly wistful lecture on the harsh realities of inner-city survival. Fizzy Womack (aka Lil Fame)‘s midtempo, piano-driven boardwork sets a reflective mood as Fame and Danze spit their heartfelt bars, never quite abandoning the aggressive delivery fans have come to know and love. DeMarco’s hook is bound to bring a few Auto-Tune haters out of the woodwork, but the rest will undoubtedly appreciate Street Life‘s combo of radio-ready catchiness and sincere, real lyricism. Those digging this track can find more street-certified beats and hard-hitting rhymes on the duo’s ninth studio album, which has yet to receive a release date from the E1 brass.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.