As a veteran duo who helped lay the Foundation for hardcore hip-hop to come, M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame and Billy Danze can be considered two of the game’s foremost authorities on the Street Life. On the lead single off their forthcoming full-length, the iconic twosome team up with DeMarco, the R&B/dancehall artist who recently brought us Listen , to deliver a gritty, slightly wistful lecture on the harsh realities of inner-city survival. Fizzy Womack (aka Lil Fame)‘s midtempo, piano-driven boardwork sets a reflective mood as Fame and Danze spit their heartfelt bars, never quite abandoning the aggressive delivery fans have come to know and love. DeMarco’s hook is bound to bring a few Auto-Tune haters out of the woodwork, but the rest will undoubtedly appreciate Street Life‘s combo of radio-ready catchiness and sincere, real lyricism. Those digging this track can find more street-certified beats and hard-hitting rhymes on the duo’s ninth studio album, which has yet to receive a release date from the E1 brass.
Written by richard on 08/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"For the City ft. M.O.P. & Jadakiss" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)