So much to listen to, so little Time... Fortunately, you’ve got DJBooth.net to help you decide what music is worth your while. With that said, those who choose to give M.i‘s first feature a listen are guaranteed to find those few minutes well-spent. Here, the Austin native give his soon-to-be fans a taste of his musical versatility, cooking up a summery, guitar-driven instrumental backdrop (complete with maracas) for his own laid-back musings on life, love, and his ongoing efforts to find that elusive “diamond in the rough” called “peace of mind.” As if his skills as an emcee and producer weren’t enough, he ties the whole package together with a mellow hook that’ll have listeners humming along long after the record is over. If you’re digging the easygoing style M.i showcases here, you can find plenty more on his latest street album, The Jack Johnson Sessions, released in March and available for free download right here.
Written by richard on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take a Loss" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)