So much to listen to, so little Time... Fortunately, you’ve got DJBooth.net to help you decide what music is worth your while. With that said, those who choose to give M.i‘s first feature a listen are guaranteed to find those few minutes well-spent. Here, the Austin native give his soon-to-be fans a taste of his musical versatility, cooking up a summery, guitar-driven instrumental backdrop (complete with maracas) for his own laid-back musings on life, love, and his ongoing efforts to find that elusive “diamond in the rough” called “peace of mind.” As if his skills as an emcee and producer weren’t enough, he ties the whole package together with a mellow hook that’ll have listeners humming along long after the record is over. If you’re digging the easygoing style M.i showcases here, you can find plenty more on his latest street album, The Jack Johnson Sessions, released in March and available for free download right here.
Written by richard on 04/29/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take a Loss" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.