So much to listen to, so little Time... Fortunately, you’ve got DJBooth.net to help you decide what music is worth your while. With that said, those who choose to give M.i‘s first feature a listen are guaranteed to find those few minutes well-spent. Here, the Austin native give his soon-to-be fans a taste of his musical versatility, cooking up a summery, guitar-driven instrumental backdrop (complete with maracas) for his own laid-back musings on life, love, and his ongoing efforts to find that elusive “diamond in the rough” called “peace of mind.” As if his skills as an emcee and producer weren’t enough, he ties the whole package together with a mellow hook that’ll have listeners humming along long after the record is over. If you’re digging the easygoing style M.i showcases here, you can find plenty more on his latest street album, The Jack Johnson Sessions, released in March and available for free download right here.
Written by richard on 04/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take a Loss" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.