According to Sigmund Freud, the visions that flit across our consciousness while we’re slumbering are always the expressions of wishes. Given the crazy sh*t my brain comes up with, I sometimes doubt it, but it’s easy to see his point when it comes to dreams like the one M.i. describes on his latest single. Over his own eminently chill, guitar-laced beat, the Austin repper tells us all about That ‘67 Caddy that’s been omnipresent in his sleeping and waking fantasies, ever “since [he] first saw it in a movie.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; M.i’s self-produced LP, The 7th Album, is due out July 7. In the meantime, we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.