According to Sigmund Freud, the visions that flit across our consciousness while we’re slumbering are always the expressions of wishes. Given the crazy sh*t my brain comes up with, I sometimes doubt it, but it’s easy to see his point when it comes to dreams like the one M.i. describes on his latest single. Over his own eminently chill, guitar-laced beat, the Austin repper tells us all about That ‘67 Caddy that’s been omnipresent in his sleeping and waking fantasies, ever “since [he] first saw it in a movie.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; M.i’s self-produced LP, The 7th Album, is due out July 7. In the meantime, we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.