According to Sigmund Freud, the visions that flit across our consciousness while we’re slumbering are always the expressions of wishes. Given the crazy sh*t my brain comes up with, I sometimes doubt it, but it’s easy to see his point when it comes to dreams like the one M.i. describes on his latest single. Over his own eminently chill, guitar-laced beat, the Austin repper tells us all about That ‘67 Caddy that’s been omnipresent in his sleeping and waking fantasies, ever “since [he] first saw it in a movie.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; M.i’s self-produced LP, The 7th Album, is due out July 7. In the meantime, we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Equipped with a rented bass guitar, a half-broken Roland D70 used as a MIDI keyboard, an electric guitar, a folder full of drums and a copy of ProTools, Austin, Tx. emcee/producer M.i is back with a brand new studio album....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.