According to Sigmund Freud, the visions that flit across our consciousness while we’re slumbering are always the expressions of wishes. Given the crazy sh*t my brain comes up with, I sometimes doubt it, but it’s easy to see his point when it comes to dreams like the one M.i. describes on his latest single. Over his own eminently chill, guitar-laced beat, the Austin repper tells us all about That ‘67 Caddy that’s been omnipresent in his sleeping and waking fantasies, ever “since [he] first saw it in a movie.” Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; M.i’s self-produced LP, The 7th Album, is due out July 7. In the meantime, we’ll keep you supplied with fresh singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 06/9/14
Equipped with a rented bass guitar, a half-broken Roland D70 used as a MIDI keyboard, an electric guitar, a folder full of drums and a copy of ProTools, Austin, Tx. emcee/producer M.i is back with a brand new studio album....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)