Two weeks ago, Newark twosome M.A.S.H made their Booth debut with We Run This, a record that, though it won praise for its energy, garnered largely negative reviews due to its prominent use of Autotune. Hoping to correct their less-than-ideal first impression, Mayday and Chris Reg are back with a new, unreleased cut. This time around, the twosome throw their hats into the rap-ballad ring, spitting civic-minded game to a female who holds the Key to the City. Over a synth-heavy, slow jam instrumental by none other than Booth favorite XV (here representing his own Kingzmen Productions) both emcees spit their share of quotable come-ons; if your sense of humor is as juvenile as mine, you’re sure to get a laugh out of the line, “That’s why she’s on the tip of my penis like ‘P.E.’, ” which, of course, segues into a little gym class-related innuendo. R&B guest feature Ade‘s hook and bridge vocals do feature a dash of Autotune, but the studio effect is used much more subtly than on M.A.S.H.‘s Booth debut. If Key‘s turned you into a fan, keep it locked to the Booth for more details on their forthcoming Mic Addict Stash House LP, which has yet to receive a solid release date.
Written by richard on 04/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We Run This" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.